Arbroath’s very real contribution to world cuisine. These are small whole haddock (head off and cleaned, but otherwise left on the bone) which have been hot-smoked - in other words, smoked and cooked simultaneously. Very different from any other smoked haddock. You can eat them cold, but we prefer them warmed up. They’re truly delicious and have EU-issued Protected Geographical Indication, which definitely puts them in the same class as champagne.
- Two smokies per pack
- Sourced from specialists in Arbroath
- These smokies are ready to eat
Featured customer reviews
- "One of the world's greatest dishes. Split them, heat em up, a big dollop of butter once they are hot, lots of thin cut wholemeal bread and lashings of a cold nice lemony white wine... Lovely."
- "Great, I open them out take out the bone wrap in foil with plenty of butter and heat in the oven. Serve with buttered oatcakes"
- "The Smokies arrived early on the day after placing the order. The fish was well packed and protected by airbags and dry ice. The flavour of the fish was superb, it was used in a luxury smoked fish pie. Our dinner guests were very impressed."
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£2.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|