- Each pack contains one skin on fillet
- These fillets are great steamed
- A 320g pack would be enough for two main courses
The magnificent barramundi is an icon of Australia but is well known across all of South-East Asia. The flesh cooks to large, white flakes. If we had to compare barramundi to other fish we'd say it's similar to stone bass and even to sea bass. Some clever seafood marketer termed barramundi as the 'Asian Sea Bass'. We haven't gone that far but do think it has similarities to the sea bass you know in the UK.
How you've been using our barramundi fillets...
- "I hadn't tried barramundi before, but this fish had a brilliant texture, tasted fresh and the skin crisped beautifully. I served this with a Thai green curry."
- "Really tasty - I cooked it with teriyaki sauce marinade and soba noodles. Will definitely buy again. I ordered the very large and they were just that - could have shared one!"
- "The fillets were lovely served with a tarragon sauce. Being Australians running a pub here in the UK, we served them on our Australia Day menu and received favourable responses."
Sustainability - our rating 7/10
Our Barramundi is farmed in Vietnam and is considered a good alternative. The farms are managed well, and their environmental impacts are actively being improved. Escapes are a potential issues, however there have been no large scale events for a substantial amount of time.
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£3.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
CRISPY SKINNED BARRAMUNDI WITH SUMMERY SAUCE VIERGE
Source:Huey's Fabulous Fast Food for One or Two