Our cod bullet steaks are the prime cut from large fine fillets of North Sea cod. The bullet is the thickest part of the fillet from the upper loin. See the 'fish terms' section below which shows a general picture of this cut. The bullet steak’s strength is the consistent thickness. The thick cut offers a special flake that won't find from any old supermarket cod. Because of the thickness it's great for making tray backed cod whilst keeping the fish very moist. We make a point of calling this cod 'hand cut' as we've taken the time to make sure all steaks are cut and trimmed to perfection. More often than not supermarket cod will be portioned by a machine; we think you'll definitely notice the difference.
Returning customers please note that this is the cut we used to call "bullets"... we now use the term "loin steaks".
- We always strive to buy line caught MSC cod
- Prepared by us from large fresh cod fillets - frozen from fresh
- This cut is great for baked cod
- Skin-on cod will stay moister during the cooking process
Featured customer reviews for cod bullet steaks
- "Well these are just the best Cod steaks that we have tasted. I cannot say more than that in praise of this item"
- "The best of the best!!!"
- "Top quality and delicious!"