- Order number: 245770
- From sustainable Cornish XXL hake
- Hake is great when baked
- Two skin on, boneless hake fillet steaks per pack
- Suggested recipe: Baked hake with confit of onion, garlic and lemon
These are sumptuous, boneless steaks of hake from the thick neck section - for hake-lovers, the highest form of luxury. To get this cut we use selected XXL Cornish hake - always super-fresh, of course. We're often asked what hake is like compared with cod. The hake's flesh is more fragile but also creamier, giving it a more distinct taste than cod. Most Cornish hake goes to Spain where"merluza" is revered. Cornish hake is a great sustainable white fish to try!
Regular customers please note that we used to call this cut "bullets"... this is the renamed item. For a similar item, hake fillet steaks, go here.
Featured customer reviews
- "Delicious fish - large fillets - without doubt the best hake I have tasted - very impressed"
- "A lovely fresh bit of hake!"
- "Very tasty and fresh"
Pan fried hake with tomatoes and spring onions
Source: The Fish Society