Monkfish is meaty: it doesn't flake when cooked, holding together in one muscular piece, so it's flexible to your serving style. We source most of our monkfish from British and Scottish landings where the fish are large and fresh. Long gone are the days when we in this country regarded monkfish as trash and exported it all to the delighted French. Your pack comprises two pieces of skinned and boned tail from a large monkfish. Try monkfish braised with Mediterranean vegetables or white wine, saffron and cream. If you're a monkfish lover, have you tried monkfish cheeks? These are all the rage in the top London restaurants. You'll be all the rage at your next dinner party!
- Our monkfish is landed in the UK
- Thick cut fillet steaks cut from very large monkfish
- Recipe suggestion: Baked monkfish with truffle slices (great for a dinner party)
- Suggested serving size: 160g per person
Featured customer reviews
- "We had the monkfish (cooked perfectly by my wife) with a heated salsa and soya and ginger sauces accompanied by Singapore noodles. Perfect...............!"
- "The monkfish fillets arrived as well packaged as this item could be, ensuring that the fillets were still frozen and in perfect condition. As I write, I have still to use them, but they look perfectly prepared and fit for purpose. As always when I use The Fish Society, I am very impressed at both service and quality."
- "Excellent quality. Great size pieces"
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£2.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Monkfish and bacon kebabs with minty peas and salsa verde
This recipe is perfect for a summer meal to enjoy when you just want something absolutely delicious that isn't going to weigh you down. Swap the bacon for prosciutto slices for an Italian twist.Read More
Pan fried monkfish with Gennaro