- Kit contains 1 kg of cooked mussels, pouch of handmade mariniere and skinny fries
- Need to impress your guests? This is the winner
- 1 kit will serve 2 generous portions
While the mussels play a critical role, our homemade marinière sauce is the true star of this dish. The accompanying side of deliciously salty fries is just the icing on the cake. Since we are clearly not the people that came up with this wonderful pairing, it doesn't require a hard sell. However, you might still need some convincing to make this all in the comfort of your own kitchen, which is why we have done all the hard work! Our homemade sauce is a wonderful combination of double cream, shallots, butter, garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaves and a splash of white wine. This classic French recipe is a great way to impress the family in no time at all - ready and on the table in 30 minutes.
Defrost mussels and sauce, in the fridge the night before.
- Pre-heat oven to 200c. Evenly spread out the fries on an oven tray, cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While fries are cooking... Empty the mussels over a sieve to reserve the juices for cooking. Rinse the mussels under cold water, remove any broken shell pieces and pull away any beards (Any mussels that are not open - use a blunt knife and pop them open, these mussel are already cooked)
- With ten minutes left on the fries, get the mussels and reserved juices into a pot on a medium/high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in mariniere sauce, stirring to coat the mussels. Cover with a lid and reduce to a medium heat. Cook for 5-6 mins giving a gentle toss half way through.
Marinière sauce (Double cream, White wine, Onion, Butter, Garlic, Thyme, Parsley, Bay leaves, Salt)
Fries (Potatoes, modified potato starch,sunflower oil, rice flour, potato starch, salt, dextrin, dextrose, raising agents (sodium bicarbonate, diphosphates), thickener (xanthan gum), paprika extract, turmeric extract, processing aid: stabiliser E450i).
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£3.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|