Order by noon - get it tomorrow
- Order number: 195707
Pasteurised in-the-shell mussels... make moules mariniere on a whim. Mussels are very successfully farmed these days, but there’s a very wide range of quality. We favour larger mussels with less fragile shells. These are superb mussels from Galicia in northern Spain and knock spots off all others.
Now there’s a thing about frozen mussels - some customers worry that they don’t always open and close like live mussels. But a lot of that opening and closing stuff is misguided anyway. Frozen mussels that don’t open when cooked can just be popped open with a twist of a knife. Remember that frozen mussels were cooked and frozen straight out of the water. They have not had to survive for 5-10 days out of the water so they haven’t died on their way to your pan.
- Around 30 mussels, this is 2 servings per 1kg bag
- These mussels are pasteurised
- Recipe suggestion: Mussels with blue cheese
- These mussels are from the Galician Coast of Spain
Featured customer reviews
- "Was a little suspicious of frozen mussels but they tasted great and was no trouble to prepare. Would order again."
- "It is so difficult to get mussels as large as this and of this quality so was glad to find The Fish Society."
- "I especially liked the care taken to keep frozen with the packaging"
Angry Mussels 3 Ways