Baked bream with lemon and rosemary
This simple but impressive recipe would also work well with a seabass or, if you reduced the cooking time by half, with lemon sole fillet.
- 1 gilt head bream, 300-400g/12-16 oz
- 1 tbsp dryish sherry
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Pinch paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminium foil
- Heat oven to 190°C / 375°F gas 5.
- Slash fish three times on each side. Rub a little salt and pepper into both sides and into cavity. Place rosemary and two slices of lime in cavity.
- Oil the foil and place fish on it. Sprinkle sherry and paprika over fish. Place three slices of lime on top.
- Fold foil loosely over fish and crimp edges together to seal the fish inside.
- Cook for about 25 minutes.