Baked Brill with Cherry Tomatoes and Pesto Cream
The sweet flesh of brill works well with the slight acidity of the basil flavoured crème fraîche. Serve with smashed new potatoes and salad.
- 4 nice fillet pieces of brill
- 10g (½ oz) butter
- 150g (6 ozs) cherry tomatoes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) pesto
- 150ml (5 fl oz) crème fraîche
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch of watercress
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Use the butter to grease a shallow baking dish which will take the fish snugly.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and sit between and on top of the fish.
- To make the sauce, mix the pesto with the crème fraîche and spoon over the fish and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Carefully lift each piece of brill onto a warm plate and spoon over any remaining tomatoes and sauce. Add a garnish of watercress.