- one pack of our raw whole king prawns - about 700g, typically 14 prawns
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground allspice
- 5ml (1 tsp) herbes de Provence
- 5ml (1 tsp) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped very small
- 2 spring onions
- ½ green pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) wine vinegar
- First pierce the prawn shells in a few places with a knife, then place in a small bowl. Mix the lemon juice, allspice, herbes, black pepper and salt. Add to the bowl and turn the prawns over so they are well coated. Leave in fridge for at least one hour, but 12 hours would be better (if leaving this long, turn over a few times).
- Heat up a barbecue until hot and then cook the prawns on a rack until they are completely pink, turning once. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion and the green part of the spring onion, and deseed and slice the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the onions, pepper and the vinegar. Warm through keeping some crunch in the vegetables.
- To serve: place the prawns on a warmed serving dish alongside the vegetable mixture.