Barra meets Basil
This recipe adapts a mixture recommended by Jamie Oliver for tuna. We think it's even deader sexier with barramundi.
- 400g barramundi fillet
- 1 small dried red chilli
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Smear of oil for frying pan
- Grind chilli and coriander seeds in pestle & mortar.
- Combine with all other ingredients.
- Rub into fish.
- Cook for 90 seconds each side in a really hot frying pan. Yes, it will be raw in the middle - and will taste great!
- Alternatively... buy a small jar of pesto from the supermarket. Coat it generously on both sides of the fish. Grill under a high heat for three minutes first side then two minutes, second.