This recipe is adapted from Alan Davidson's North Atlantic Seafood. It was recommended to him by an American branch of the Rothschild family, who applied it to striped bass - the American cousin of our sea bass. They make it with a whole fish, using the ingredients to stuff the fish before baking it whole - but you might need to be a Rothschild to afford that.
- 2 portions of sea bass
- 8 ozs / 250g spinach
- half an onion, chopped finely
- 30ml cream
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2ozs fresh soft breadcrumbs
- Set oven to 180C.
- Cook the spinach briefly - sufficient to reduce its volume - then lay it on the bottom of a small ovenproof dish.
- Roughly combine the remaining ingredients
- Lay the seabass on the spinach and cover with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.