- 700g red snapper fillets, skinned and cubed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp each cayenne pepper and dried crushed chillies
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 x 200g /7oz block creamed coconut, dissolved in 300ml/ ½ pt boiling water
- Heat the oil in a large flame-proof casserole dish. Cook the onion, garlic, cayenne, chillies, and green pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and gradually add the coconut milk, stirring all the time.
- Add the fish and simmer for about 6-8 minutes.