This is an alternative to Hollandaise sauce. You can use it on any white fish.
- 1oz/30g finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp /15ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps / 30ml white wine
- 4 tbsps / 60ml water
- 1 tbsp / 15ml cream
- 3oz / 90g / butter, softened
- optional : 1 tbsp / 30 ml French mustard
- Boil the onion slowly in the vinegar, wine and water until about two thirds of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the cream and blend in.
- Remove pan from heat and use a whisk to blend in the butter, adding a little at a time (in about four separate chunks).
- If using the mustard, whisk in after the butter.
- Serve over the pan-fried or grilled Megrim