Blue crab soup
- 800g blue crab legs
- 200ml / half pint milk
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsps cream
- 10g/half oz butter
- small onion, peeled and chopped
- one teaspoon Worcester or less of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry
- salt & pepper
- Bring c3 pints salted water to the boil. Add crab. When returns to boil, turn down to a low bubble. Cook for 20 mins.
- Remove crab. Cool. Open legs and remove meat (allow 20 minutes).
- Put meat, butter, onion, and a good sprinkle of pepper in a pan and braise over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, combine and warm the milk, cream and hot sauce.
- Combine the contents of the two pans, then sift in the flour, stirring gently, to thicken.
- Add sherry to taste.
The Oriental version (with calming music)