Cheeky Shanghai Monk
- 2 packs, 400g monkfish cheeks
- 60g/2 oz root ginger
- 120ml/4 oz oyster sauce
- 30g/1 oz butter
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 sliced spring onions to garnish
- Cut ginger into very thin strips; chop spring onions roughly.
- Poach the monkfish with the ginger for about 10 minutes. The water should be barely bubbling.
- Simultaneously, heat the oyster sauce slowly in a saucepan, then blend in butter and wine.
- Drain the fish and serve with the sauce poured over, garnished with the onions.