Cherrystone Clams cooked with Lager
It’s an unusual combination but clams and lager does work!
- 800g Cherrystone Clams (follow the pack instructions)
- 450ml (16 fl oz) lager
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 175g (7 oz) fresh tomatoes, diced or a can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large pan, pour in the lager; add the onions, garlic, chilli and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then add the clams, cook on a medium heat for 4-7 minutes depending on the size of the clams.
- Transfer using a ladle to serving bowls and sprinkle over the coriander.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up the tasty juices.