Cod Steaks with Creamy Leek Sauce
- 4 cod steaks
- 350ml / 12 fl oz dry white wine
- 350ml / 12 fl oz water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- Bay leaf
- 4 leeks chopped
- 125ml / 5fl oz double cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Combine wine, water, onions, cloves, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf in a pan, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the fish and simmer for 7-8 mins.
- Remove cod steaks being careful not to break them up, and keep warm.
- Boil liquid to reduce to approximately 1 cup; discard bay leaf.
- Add leeks, simmer for 6-7 mins but do not boil.
- Fold in cream and nutmeg, heat gently, do not boil.
- Serve sauce over cod steaks.