Crab in Creole Sauce
- 1 pack white crabmeat
- 25g / 1oz butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 125g / 4oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 125ml / 4 fl oz cream
- Melt butter in pan, add onion and celery and sauté for 5 mins, add mushrooms and cook, stirring for 2 mins.
- Stir in flour, paprika, salt, pepper and brown sugar and cook 2-3 mins.
- Combine vinegar and tomato puree and stir into the pan, cover and simmer gently for 20 mins.
- Fold in crabmeat and cream, heat gently but do not allow to boil.
- Serve with boiled rice or wrapped in tortillas.