Lobster Creole Jambalaya
- 300g/10oz cooked lobster meat
- 300g raw ham
- 300g chicken meat or for authenticity 600g chicken on the bone and skin on
- 250g/9 oz long grain rice
- salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp good quality oil
- 2 small onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green and 2 red peppers
- 1 tin peeled tomatoes
- 600ml / 1 pint chicken stock
- cayenne pepper
- 1g saffron stamens
- Cut ham and chicken into one inch pieces. Season, put in a bowl and pour oil over. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop onions and garlic. Chop peppers.
- Brown meat in a large, heavy-bottomed pan. Add chopped onions, garlic and peppers. Fry all together before pouring on half the stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, washed rice, remaining stock, cayenne pepper and saffron. Mixing well. Simmer for further 20 mins.
- Add lobster meat to top of pan. Do not mix in. Heat through for 5 minutes.