Crunchy-topped whiting with Brie
This is a great way of making delicately flavoured whiting into a more robust meal.
- 4 whiting fillets, ideally about 600g
- 55g/2oz Brie cheese, slightly softened and sliced
- 55g/2oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g / 1oz melted butter
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the fish on to a board, skinned side uppermost and brush with the melted butter. Season.
- Place 15g/½oz Brie cheese on top of each fish. Roll up and place into a greased, ovenproof dish. Brush with any remaining butter.
- Prepare the topping: in a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest and olive oil together. Spoon over the fish.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad.