Davidson's samphire sauce
Inspired by Alan Davidson's 'North Atlantic Seafood' - one of the best fish books ever written
- 200g/7oz samphire
- 50g/2 oz butter, preferably unsalted
- Defrost samphire then rinse briefly under running water.
- Put it in a pan with about half a wineglass of water. Bring to boil. Turn off and leave for about five minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter.
- Drain samphire, put in a blender, add butter and liquidise.
- Heat the sauce gently in a small pan, then pour over your fish.
- DO NOT ADD SALT AT ANY STAGE!