- 200g each brown and white crabmeat
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook until transparent.
- Sift the flour through a sieve slowly into the same pan, stirring all the time. Cook for two minutes. Now add the milk slowly and stir until it begins to thicken. You may need to turn the heat up a little.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese and cayenne. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon onto a warm shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the cheese and a little cayenne.
- Cook under a low grill until golden - about 5 minutes.
- Serve with toast.
Here's some input from Nigel Slater