Devilled Smoked Salmon
This simple dish is a great use of left-overs from a side of salmon. The Scottish smoking stands up well to the heat of the curry flavoured butter and makes an impressive dinner party starter.
- 400g (1 lb) smoked salmon slices
- 150g (6 oz) butter
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 slices wholegrain toast, crusts off, cut into halves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C / 400˚F / Gas Mark 6.
- Soften 100g (4 oz) of butter and mix in the curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Spread the remaining butter onto the toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with smoked salmon and dot this evenly with knobs of the curry butter.
- Place toast on a grill pan or ovenproof dish and heat in the oven for five minutes.
- Serve with dressed salad leaves.