Easy low-fat fish pie
With no butter or cheese, this is a great recipe if you are watching the calories.
- 300g organic salmon fillets
- 300g skinless cod fillet
- (and perhaps a little smoked haddock too?)
- 450g/1lb new potatoes,thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g/8oz broccoli in small florets
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 600ml/1 pint skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp chopped freshparsley
- finely grated zest of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5/fan 170C and grease a 1.8 litre baking dish.
- Cut all the fish into large chunks, removing any bones.
- Cook the potato slices in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, return to pan and drizzle over 1 tbsp oil to stop the slices sticking.
- Cover the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute, drain into a sieve and run under the cold tap.
- Put the flour in a non-stick saucepan with the milk and 1 tbsp oil. Bring to the boil over a low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, then cook for a minute or two. Take off the heat and stir in the broccoli, fish, parsley and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Tip the mixture into the dish, cover with potato slices and season with pepper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.