Salmon Roe with Eggs
Elevate the humble scrambled egg into a stunning brunch by adding a spoonful of these glistening orange pearls.
- 100g (4oz) keta or salmon roe
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 8 eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) single cream
- 1 small handful of chives
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of buttered toast or 4 warm croissants
- Make the scrambled egg by melting the butter in a small pan. Breaking the eggs into a bowl beat well and season. Pour in the cream, mixing well and add to the pan.
- Stir the eggs continuously over a low heat for around five minutes or until they scramble. (Did we need to tell you all that?) Finely chop the chives and stir these into the eggs.
- To serve: place the toast or croissants on warmed plates and top with the scrambled egg. Spoon the salmon roe on top allowing the heat from the eggs to warm them through slightly before serving.