“Essence of Youth” pasta
- one or two jars of sea urchin roe paste
- juice of one lemon or 1 glass white wine
- 230g / 8ozs pasta
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Set the pasta to boil.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add garlic. Fry gently for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice or wine and reduce.
- When the pasta is ready, drain thoroughly and return to pan.
- Scrape contents of the frying pan out onto the pasta. Also add parsley and the urchin roe. Get a big spoon in there, or your spiky pasta thingamajig, and toss the pasta around to distribute the sauce well. Add pepper to taste. Serve.