Colourful Warm Cockle Salad
- 350g shelled cockles, defrosted and drained
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 2-3 tbsp self-raising flour
- mixed salad leaves
- salad dressing
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 8 plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper and 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Combine all the salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Dip the cockles in milk, then roll lightly through the flour and fry hot for 1-2 minutes until golden and crispy. Drain and sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon the salsa onto the plates and arrange the cockles on top. Add salad leaves with a little dressing.