Haddock in a bacon jacket
- 2 haddock fillets or fillet steaks
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 25g/1oz butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Season the haddock. Cut the rinds off the bacon and stretch it without tearing it. Heat oven to 175C / 350F / Gas 4.
- Fry the onion in half the butter until translucent. Add vinegar and half the parsley. Stir. Tip out into ovenproof dish.
- Lay the fillets on the onion mixture and the bacon over the fillets. Heat remaining butter in the frying pan and pour over.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining parsley on top and serve.