Hot smoked salmon Florentine
- 60g butter
- 400 - 600g fresh spinach, shredded
- 400 - 600g flakey hot smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 200ml milk
- 125ml cream
- 150g grated mature cheddar
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Cook spinach in 30g melted butter, stirring constantly, for about two minutes - or microwave on high for 3 mins - until tender.
- Spread spinach into shallow ovenproof dish.
- Spread salmon over spinach.
- Melt rest of butter in saucepan, add flour, stir in and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat then stir in cream and milk. Return to high heat, stir until it thickens. Stir in cheese and lemon rind.
- Pour over fish, sprinkle with Parmesan, place in moderate oven for 20 minutes.