King Prawns with Garlic and Chilli
A little chilli sets off king prawns very well
- 200-300g raw peeled king prawns or 400-500g butterfly prawns
- For the garlic chilli marinade:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillis, finely chopped
- 1 dash paprika powder
- Defrost the prawns and pour away any water which accumulates. Ideally, do this in your fridge overnight. If in a hurry, use your microwave, but be careful not to start cooking them. Do not run cold water over bare fish.
- Combine the ingredients for the garlic chilli mix. Add the prawns, turning them over to ensure they are all well bathed in the mix. Leave for at least an hour, or up to 12 hours if you have planned ahead. Return from time to time to turn them over again and ensure all the prawns get plenty of exposure to the marinade.
- Tip prawns and marinade into a frying pan and cook over a medium heat. Do not over cook! Taste one to see.
- Serve with salad and French bread.