Nile Perch with Baby Vegetables
You could mix it up a bit with the choice of vegetables depending on what’s in season, but this combination works well and the colours look great on the plate.
- 2 Nile perch steaks
- 75ml (5 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 baby courgettes, halved lengthways
- Combine 60ml (4 tbsp) of olive oil with the lime and lemon juice then add the fish, turning a couple of times to coat. Cover and marinate for about an hour.
- Heat a frying pan containing the remaining oil. Drain the perch from the marinade, season and add to the hot pan with the vegetables for 6-8 minutes, stirring gently.
- Arrange on warm serving plates as follows: tomatoes to the left, perch in the middle and the courgettes skin side up on the right. There you have it - the tricolore.