Lemon Sole Goujons with Cream and Mushroom Sauce
A light supper to enjoy on a warm evening
- 4 latge skinned lemon sole fillets
- 100g/4 oz unsalted butter
- 150g/6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 50g plain flour
- 6 tbsp single cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Lemon wedges and chopped parsley to garnish
- Cut sole fillets into strips, then roll them in seasoned flour and fry gently in 50g/2 oz of butter until golden
- Melt the remaining butter in a small pan and cook the sliced mushrooms until they are soft, stir in 3 tbsp of cream and cook until reduced.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and the remaining cream.
- Put the fish on a serving dish, squeeze over the lemon juice, pour on the mushroom sauce and garnish. Serve with either fresh vegetables or a well-seasoned salad.