Lemon sole with lemongrass... a great idea which we have adapted from Rick Stein. In his version, a little Thai fish sauce is added to the lemongrass mixture.
- 2 lemon soles about 450g/1lb each
- 65g/2 ½ oz butter
- Salt and pepper
- *1 lemongrass stalk - remove outer leaves then chop finely
- *Zest of half a lime
- *Juice of one lime
- *½cm/¼ in fresh root ginger, chopped finely
- *1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Melt 50g/2oz of the butter then blend into it the ingredients marked with an asterisk. Season to taste.
- Pour into a ramekin dish. Chill.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high. Trim the fins and tails of the fish with kitchen scissors.
- Melt remaining butter and brush the fish on both sides with it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on rack of a grill pan, dark side up for about 5 minutes then white side up for 3 minutes.
- Slice lemongrass butter into thin rounds and serve on top of the fish.