- 350-400g misshapes
- 2 tubs fish stock
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- juice of one small lemon
- small tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- tiny pinch of saffron
- good pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat some olive oil gently in a pan and add onion, celery, leek and garlic. Cook very gently for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, bayleaf, thyme, saffron and fish pieces.
- Cook briskly, stirring, then add the stock and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup in a food processer, then strain, pushing it through the sieve with the back of a spoon to extract all the juices.
- Return to the heat, season and add cayenne.
- Serve hot with garlic croutons sprinkled with Parmesan.