- 230g / ½ lb cooked lobster meat
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 300ml/½ pt whipping cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- Strips of lemon and lime peel
- Chop the lobster meat very finely.
- Mix the gelatine with 3 tbsp cold water and dissolve over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Stir the gelatine into the lobster meat. Whisk the cream and fold into the meat with the mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold into the mousse, pour into moistened moulds, and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove mousse from moulds; garnish with lemon or lime peel.