Lobster with Minted Mayonnaise
- 2 small or one large cooked lobsters
- 120ml / 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 55g / 2oz radishes, trimmed and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped mint
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, radish and half the mint together, cover and chill.
- Lay the lobster upside down on a chopping board, twist off the claws and legs.
- Crack open the claws. Scoop out the meat and chop roughly.
- Using a heavy knife cut the lobster in half along its entire length.
- Remove the small sac near the head, the feathery gills and the black intestinal thread which runs down the tail. Decide whether to retain the green tomalley (gourmet's favourite) or discard it.
- Remove the meat from the shell and chop roughly. Rinse the shell and pat dry.
- Spread a little mayonnaise in the base of each half shell and arrange the lobster meat on top using the claw meat to fill the head. Finish with another layer of mayonnaise and garnish with remaining mint.