This recipe is from Fish Society member, Peter Turner
- 4 packs of monkfish misshapes
- 100ml/¼ pt dry cider
- 225g/8 oz button mushrooms
- 2 eating apples
- 60g/2 oz butter
- 100ml/¼ pt double cream
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tsps parsley to garnish
- Peel and core the apples then cut into thick slices.
- Lightly sauté the apples and mushrooms in the butter. They should be just brown and barely cooked. Keep warm.
- Poach the fish gently in the cider until just cooked - ten minutes maximum.
- Heat the sauce ingredients in saucepan until slightly reduced, stirring continuously.
- Put fish and apple in warmed serving dish. Surround with mushrooms. Pour the sauce over and garnish with the parsley.