Monkfish with Fresh Herbs
This recipe was sent in by Fish Society member, Brian Arthur. That h-u-g-e helping of herbs imparts a fantastic flavour.
- 4 pieces of monkfish fillet, 150g/5-6 oz each
- 150 ml/ 6 fl oz olive oil
- 16 tbsp in total chopped mixed fresh herbs: eg dill, basil, thyme, marjoram
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 150ml/6 fl oz melted butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Garnish of parsley sprigs
- Marinate the fish in the olive oil, herbs, garlic and a little salt and pepper for one hour.
- Place the herb coated fillets under a medium high grill for three minutes on each side, continually basting with the marinade and watching to ensure the herbs do not burn.
- Rest the fish in a hot oven for 4-5 minutes to complete the cooking.
- Arrange on a hot serving dish, garnish with the parsley and melted butter.