Mussels with blue cheese
- 2 kg/5lbs whole mussels
- 250g/ 8ozs Danish (or your favourite) blue cheese
- 170ml/ 6fl ozs single cream
- 50g/ 2ozs butter
- 3 leeks
- 1 litre/ 1.5pts dry cider
- 4 tbsps parsley, roughly chopped
- Discard top and bottom of leeks and chop remainder finely.
- Crumble cheese then blend it into the cream.
- In your very biggest pan melt the butter then cook the leeks in it for five minutes. Pour in the cider and bring to the boil. If your pan won't take all those mussels, split this broth between 2 pans. Tip in mussels and cook for about four minutes.
- Pour cream mixture into pan and stir well. Warm through. Sprinkle with parsley.