Octopus with wine & fennel
- 400g / 14ozs octopus
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 200ml/ 7fl oz white wine (red is equally good)
- 300ml/ 10 fl ozs fish stock
- 3 small tomatoes, skinned and de-seeded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fennel
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Wash the octopus and remove any remaining parts of head (not sac) and innards then chop into 1cm/ ¼ in pieces. Dry and season.
- Heat oil to medium hot in frying pan and sauté octopus for five minutes.
- Add wine and blend with any scrapings from bottom of pan. Add other ingredients. Turn down to just below boiling. Simmer for 40 minutes. Check octopus is cooked by trying a piece. Season to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley.