Pan fried red mullet on crushed potatoes
- 200-300g red mullet fillets
- Plain flour, seasoned, for coating
- 350g/12oz new potatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g/1oz watercress sprigs or rocket, roughly chopped
- Balsamic vinegar & olive oil to serve
- Cook the potatoes until tender. Drain well and return to the pan with the olive oil.
- Lightly crush each potato with the back of a fork. Cook for a few more minutes until the outsides crisp a little. Season well and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan until hot. Lightly dust the fillets with flour. Fry for 1-2 mins each side.
- Stir the watercress into the crushed potatoes and divide between 2 warmed plates.
- Top with red mullet fillets, skin side up. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil over all and serve.