Poached Dover Sole in Thyme Sauce
- 2 skinless Dover soles
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 tbsp sherry
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- Double cream
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Butter a dish or dishes large enough to take the soles without overlapping. Add soles, stock, wine and sherry. Cover with buttered foil and cook for 7 minutes. Remove fish and keep warm.
- Pour stock into saucepan and reduce.
- Melt half the butter and mix with breadcrumbs and most of the thyme. Season. Use this to coat the soles.
- Brown the fish under a hot preheated grill. Remove to warm serving dish in oven.
- Add cream to stock, bring to boil briefly then reduce heat. Add rest of butter a little at a time, stirring until melted. Finally, add remainder of thyme.