Prawn and Bacon Ring
- 1 pack Best North Atlantic peeled prawns
- 250g/8oz lean bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 185ml/6fl oz white wine
- 50g/2 oz butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each thyme and sage
- 110g/4oz soft breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon lightly in pan, remove and keep warm.
- Add prawn to the pan juices, sauté until heated through, remove and place with bacon.
- To pan juices add oil, heat and add shallots, garlic and parsley. Cook 1-2 mins, stir in soy sauce and wine, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Melt butter in another pan, add onion and sauté until transparent, add thyme, sage, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 mins.
- Serve bread mixture in the centre of a dish and ring with the prawns, pour wine sauce over and top with bacon.