King prawn curry
- 900g/ 2lbs raw peeled king prawns
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium cooking apple
- ½ tsp each fenugreek, turmeric, cumin
- 250ml/8 fl oz fish stock
- 250ml/8 fl oz double cream
- 250g/8oz tomatoes - skinned, deseeded
- Salt, cayenne pepper, garam masala
- Sprig coriander, chopped.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and the apple. After defrosting the prawns, pour off water, pat dry, season and set aside.
- In a heavy frying pan on medium-high heat, sweat the onion with the fenugreek, turmeric and cumin in oil well past transoarent - the onion should be brown, but still soft. Stir in apple and continue cooking until it is soft. Add stock, turn up heat, reduce by half.
- Add cream and tomatoes. Stir in carefully and continue to cook on a high temperature for three minutes.
- Add prawns. Stir into mixture. Bring to boil. Turn heat off.
- Season with salt, cayenne and garam masala.
- Serve with basmati rice, garnished with coriander.