Prawns & Broccoli
- about 700g raw whole king prawns
- 225g/8 oz broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 225g/8 oz bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps light soy sauce
- 2 tsps sweet chilli sauce
- Peel the onion, cut in half, then quarter the halves.
- Remove heads from prawns, wash carefully and drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat, add the garlic and ginger and fry briskly until the garlic begins to brown. Add the prawns and stir gently. Be careful not to let them stick.
- As soon as the prawns have turned pink. add the chilli and soy sauce. Turn gently for a minute.
- Add the broccoli. Cook covered for three minutes, stirring twice.
- Add the onion, stir in and allow to steam for two to three minutes.
- Sprinkle the bean sprouts over the meal, cover and remove from heat. Allow to steam for three to four minutes before serving with plain rice or egg tagliatelle.