Red Snapper in Beer
The beer gives the snapper a delicious flavour - and while it's cooking pour another beer for yourself
- About 600g red snapper fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp grated lemon rind
- Juice of lemon
- Knob of butter
- 1 small red onion sliced in rings
- 185ml/7 fl oz flat beer
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil, spread chopped onion and lemon rind on base and arrange fish on top.
- Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, season and dot with butter.
- Place onion rings on top of fish and pour over the beer, cover tightly with foil and cook in a moderate oven 180C/350F/Gas 5 for 35 minutes.
- Serve with baked potatoes and green salad.