Roast Trevally in Chermoula Sauce
Chermoula is a Moroccan mix of coriander, spices and olive oil. It really brings out the flavour. Serve with couscous tossed in extra virgin olive oil or garlic butter or with good bread.
- One whole King George trevally around 700g
- 1 large handful fresh coriander leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 heaped tsp cumin, toasted briefly in a dry frying pan then ground
- 1 heaped tsp sweet paprika (ideally smoked)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch saffron soaked inwarm water for a few mins
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Whizz all the ingredients except the fish in a food processor to form a rough paste.
- Slash the fish three times on each side to allow it to cook evenly then place in an oiled ovenproof dish.
- Pour the mixture over and inside the fish and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes but preferably up to 2 hours.
- When you are ready to start cooking, preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. This would also work well with gilt-head bream or red snapper fillets.