Salmon goes to Thailand
Salmon is great cooked plainly, but it doesn't object to a little fuss...
- 2 salmon steaks
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 sticks lemon grass
- 2 very small red chillies
- 1 inch of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 30g/1oz creamed coconut
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 7.
- Wash steaks and pat dry.
- Cut two pieces of aluminium foil, large enough to wrap steaks.
- Place a steak in centre of each and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan on a low heat mix oil, lemon grass, chilli, ginger and coconut. Stir for five minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Pour the contents of the pan over the steaks.
- Fold the foil over the salmon, crimping together on top.
- Put parcels on a baking tray and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and open parcels. Remove herbs and chillies. Serve with half a lime. We suggest you serve with aromatic rice.