Sautéed softshell crab
- 1 softshell crab
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dsp seasoned flour
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ lemon or lime
- Dredge crab in the seasoned flour. (Dip crab into beaten egg before dredging in seasoned flour for a more batter like coating.)
- Heat butter and oil in frying pan.
- When it is lightly bubbling, add garlic and sauté briefly but do not burn.
- Remove garlic and and heat until butter/oil until hot and foaming
- Add crab. Cook for about two minutes on each side until crisp.
- Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice over the crab and serve immediately.